Windows XP pro Reformating problem after press any key to boot from cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i get to the screen where it says press any key to boot from cd...i press a key and nothing happens...i've been sitting here for almost an hour waiting for something to happen but nothing has. The computer is not completly frozen becuase the cursor is still blinking after the please press any key prompt. I am not very good with computers but have followed this websites advice enough to get this far. Any suggestions on what i should do from here? Again, its just there on the black screen with the press any key to boot from cd prompt.
Oh, and if i press a button again my computer beeps. Don't know it that helps but thats what's happening. PLease help.

I am trying to format because when i try to start my computer it wont load windows and flashes a blue screen across with white font. It flashes so fast across the screen the only thing i can read is UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. I have no idea what this means but i am sure it is bad so i just want to start over from stratch. I have a Dell inspiron 2650. 1.8 ghz pentium 4. If there is anything else i can tell you then please let me know.

That error means your HD is corrupt, or the cables of the harddisk are not connected properly/have become unstuck.
Open the PC and check all flatcables both on motherboard side and on the drives side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back