Windows Xp Pro upgrade problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyckah

I just got a myself a new copy of windows xp professional, but when I got to install, I get an error.. there is a file that it needs which is missing off the cd?
I attached the image of the error. if I am reading it right, the file ajj233ts.sys is missing.
is this an ok file to skip?
or could someone possibly upload a copy of that file?

Attachments

• installerror.JPG
    installerror.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 8
Hi

Is this an upgrade over an existing install as your thread title suggests, or is it a full copy, I ask as I never like upgrades (this is one of the reasons), if its a full copy are you booting from the CD and running the install from that, or are you running the install from within windows.

Most upgrade disks contain a lot of different files to a standard disk as they carry upgrade files for various operating systems, I did a search on my system and couldnt find the file (My OS is XP Pro OEM).

I also googled the file and found no reference to it either, maybe someone else has the file on here. I have also found from past experience that file copy failures can be caused by faulty memory, this may not be your case but if you do get anymore I would consider it.

Regards

Skip it and see if its ok? I've heard of problems with stamped disks having unreadable parts, where did you get the disk from? Newegg will take them back if you can't read it. Try another drive if possible.

If you can swap the CD with the retailer you brought it from I would do so…but, I would skip the file for now…when everything is fully installed run this from the run window: SFC /SCANNOW [you’ll need the Windows XP CD in the CD-ROM].
After it is done reboot.

kk, thnx for that stuff guys.. i said forget the update, and just did a clean install, and everything worked just fine.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back