Windows Xp Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so here is my problem, over 50% of the time when i boot up the dos screens come up just fine but then at the point where windows would usually start up the screen goes black and stays there then i have to restart manually and the computer says there was a problem last time i so do i want to start up in safe mode. safe mode works fine. also when i am in windows (normal or safe mode) and try to shut down or restart the screen says windows is shutting down like normal but it never does so i have to shut down manually. when i am in windows everything works fine as far as i can tell.

i have tried reinstalling windows, changing from acpi to standard computer, installing windows on a different drive w/ different ide cable, new power supply, and basically every option in my bios. my computer is some what old but this is a new problem that came from no where i thought reinstalling would fix it for sure.

1.8 ghz proccessor
768 rambus
asus p4t
raid: promise sx 4000
(3) wd jb1200
(1) seagate barracuda 80gb (not on raid)

windows xp professional sp1

anyone have any other ideas on what the problem could be

fips? I don't recognize this item
However you definitly have faulty drver or hardware , or related software.
You should identify what the item is, check for updates or delete and reload can often help if you have the latest versions.
Also I have seen this alot when people load software etc. without shutting down running apps eg. Anti virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back