Windows XP Purposely Killing My System!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellas ive recently been getting an annoying problem with my laptop (which is a sony vaio k76p pentium 4 3.6ghz its got radeon 9200 as a video and 512ram with 60gb hard drive and and mat****a uj-820dvdrw ) now the problem has been somewhat persistent (4th time in 3 weeks!!!)as well which it keeps freezing at the windows welcome screen(thru safe mode debug mode etc.you name it it will still not pass thru the damn welcome screen) and the only way ive found to fix it is by restoring my c drive with my recovery disk to get it working again then id back up my d drive and do a whole fresh install of both drives just to be on the safe side yet it keeps happening and the only reason i can think of is the windows update id been downloading now im quite expierenced at this as well so the first time it happened id checked if it was hardware related and came to the conclusion it was not nor was it trojan or spyware for the fact i like to scan my laptop every few days or so even system restore didnt work from the advanced windows screen *f8 at boot up menu* please any help in regarding to why this happens would be much appreciated and how i can avoid this happening in the future because its really getting annoying and plus all the fresh installs id donw to my laptop cant be good.

You probably have a pending hardware failure. Possible bad memory or power supply, if you have tried another hard drive

I suspect you simply have a system that is due for a clean install.

Have you EVER done that since you bought/got it?

Installs, uninstalls, small problems, removed add-ons, etc accumulate registry and driver problems until things just don't work well anymore.

:)

CCT
"I suspect you simply have a system that is due for a clean install."

Have you EVER done that since you bought/got it?
"and the only way ive found to fix it is by restoring my c drive with my recovery disk to get it working again then id back up my d drive and do a whole fresh install of both drives" so yes i have and the problem still persist and im getting worried because this is like my 16th fresh install!

Tmagic650
"You probably have a pending hardware failure. Possible bad memory or power supply, if you have tried another hard drive"
Yeah it might be the hard drive still too far out for me replace it just yet for the fact it still working and theres ssems to be no bad sectors in it just yet .

Thanks for the replies fellas oh BTW this problem seemed to only had happened everytime i d/l windows software validation update could this be related because i am running a legit windows os it came with the laptop.but my office pack is quite not on the legit side and when i install it a few days later the problem happens.could microsoft be running a sectret trojan no one know just yet . . . .

Don't download the "microsoft" updates, only download the "windows" updates !!

disable the "microsoft" parts of the updates via the website options on windowsupdate.com

MMDominator88 "Don't download the "microsoft" updates, only download the "windows" updates !!

disable the "microsoft" parts of the updates via the website options on windowsupdate.com "

Will take your advice much thanks btw whats the difference with windows updates and microsoft updates and how will this help me with my problem?

the microsoft update program updates all your "office" programs...word, excel, powerpoint, etc. while the "automatic windows updates" update all of your software and hardware inside of WINDOWS and its operating system. Microsoft said something about fixing the "microsoft updates" soon, but don't think anything is gonna happen......I think that when U try and update illegitimate copies of word, excel, etc. it must catch that u r using it and put up a "red flag" (But that's not to say I am using Office 2007 Enterprise and it updates just fine !!)

'by restoring my c drive with my recovery disk to get it working again then id back up my d drive and do a whole fresh install of both drives'

I got a little confused with the terms like 'fresh install of drives', ya know.

In any case, the MS$ verifier might have been getting into the act. That's what comes with being naughty.

:)

The Microsoft Update site does provide updates to Office 2003 and above. It also provides the critical and optional Windows updates. The old Windows Update site did not provide Office updates. You had to go to the Office Update site. I use Office 2000 Pro. It is still supported on the Office Update site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back