TechSpot

Windows XP RAID 0 backup

By LostEmma
Dec 5, 2005
  1. Hello all,

I hoping that I don't come across as completely stooopid here but I'm scratching my head at the thought of how to backup my current Windows XP RAID 0 configuration ...

I have a Abit KR7A-RAID motherboard with in-built HighPoint HPT370/372 RAID bios with 2 Maxtor 40GB hard drive running in a RAID 0 configuration. The drives are plugged into IDE 1 and IDE 2 on the motherboard and the setup works extremely well. However, last night I managed to knock over a wine glass onto the computer case which had me wondering and backing up my hard disc data. The trouble I think I have is that I've only 2 IDE connectors on my motherboard, both occupied by a hard disc and nowhere else to plug in a thrid drive to backup the RAID 0. I'm hoping that the clever folk here can help me solve this ... fingers X'ed!

Thank you,

Emma

2. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,676

a USB hard drive could do it or if u have the hard drive all u need is a USB hard drive case.

3. LostEmma

LostEmma TS Rookie Topic Starter

NickC - I had no idea that USB hard drive cases for IDE drives even existed! This solution seems absolutely perfect for me. Thank you NickC X

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.