Windows XP RAID 0 backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I hoping that I don't come across as completely stooopid here but I'm scratching my head at the thought of how to backup my current Windows XP RAID 0 configuration ...

I have a Abit KR7A-RAID motherboard with in-built HighPoint HPT370/372 RAID bios with 2 Maxtor 40GB hard drive running in a RAID 0 configuration. The drives are plugged into IDE 1 and IDE 2 on the motherboard and the setup works extremely well. However, last night I managed to knock over a wine glass onto the computer case which had me wondering and backing up my hard disc data. The trouble I think I have is that I've only 2 IDE connectors on my motherboard, both occupied by a hard disc and nowhere else to plug in a thrid drive to backup the RAID 0. I'm hoping that the clever folk here can help me solve this ... fingers X'ed!

Thank you,

Emma

a USB hard drive could do it or if u have the hard drive all u need is a USB hard drive case.

NickC - I had no idea that USB hard drive cases for IDE drives even existed! This solution seems absolutely perfect for me. Thank you NickC X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back