Windows XP restriction access

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 user in my windows. One is the administrator account, and the other one is the guest account. How do I configure windows xp so that the guest account wouldn't be able to right click and view properties? What do I do so that the run command in the start up wouldn't show in the guest account?

ty in advance

Great link Peddant, I should give that to people with kids. That may stop some of the crap they get or changes that they don't know how to fix.

Always read the fine print. I thought 'cool' I could use this to thwart my daughters needless downloading...read this from the Microsoft site:
"Warning: The Toolkit is not intended for use on family computers as a parental controls measure — many of the security features may have adverse effects on family computers. Be sure to review the Handbook section on restricting children on a family computer if you are installing the Toolkit at home".

And this...
Q. How can the toolkit be used to help secure a family computer?
A. Although not the intended purpose of the toolkit, one exciting use for the tools is to restrict the actions of children on family computers.
On a family computer, the User Restrictions tool makes it easy to control the Windows features and programs a child can access. For example, you could:

• Prevent a child from using Internet Explorer or Windows Messenger.

• Prevent a child from changing their profile.

• Apply a session timer to a child's computer use.

• Limit access to specific programs and prevent unauthorized programs from running.

• Restrict access to Windows management utilities.

You could use the Windows Disk Protection tool to ensure children can't make permanent changes to Windows. Be careful using Windows Disk Protection on computers on which you want to save data permanently. Without careful planning, you might inadvertently clear documents, pictures, and other important files that you and your family want to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back