Windows XP service pack 1 now available from Microsoft

By Phantasm66
Sep 9, 2002
  1. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 6,504   +6

source: http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/27018.html

2. Phantasm66

I've installed it on my workstation at work and one of my home machines. So far no problems.

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

That is always good to hear, I am in the process of deciding if i really need to install it or not. I have all the updates, who knows. I'll probably do it later, when I am not feeling lazy.

4. Phantasm66

A really good idea is to backup your current XP installation with something like Drive Image ( www.powerquest.com/driveimage ) first. If everything seems OK you can refresh your image with the new XP containing SP1, otherwise you can restore from a backup. A reasonable time to wait is about 1 month.

5. labuerkle

labuerkle TS Rookie

Not all good

I have noticed much longer load times since install the service pack. Once the windows screen appears it is very busy doing I don't know what for about and extra 20 seconds.

:mad:

6. cabrone

cabrone TS Rookie Posts: 166

i have noticed i cant even install it... prolly cuz cabrone doenst buy his software :dead:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.