Windows XP service Pack 2 installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

death

Hi guys;

My computer had many problems recently. So I thought of installing Service Pack 2 on my computer. The installation couldn't finish becasue of one error. The error:

" Setup Cannot copy the file t2embed.dll"

It said that the file could not be found and browse to locate the file manually. Location it gave was "C:\windows\downloads\registryentry {long name so I couldnot remember}\"

I tried to retry but didn't work, so I had to click cancel, which canceled the entire installation of Service Pack 2.

What do you think the problem is? I was able to install service pack 2 before on my computer, but I uninstalled it for no good reason. I have to admit that an hour ago my computer crashed and after restarting my computer had serious problems like, corrupt definition database of Kaspersky antivirus, and I couldn't open internet explore and many other problems. I think maybe my registry was corrupt, but i am not sure. I was playing Battlefield 1942 when my computer crashed. Windows checked errors when I restarted pc and it fixed error: "windows\system\regerror". I don't know what that is.

what do you guys think is wrong with my computer?

thank you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back