Windows XP setup error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am using Packard Bell
EASYNOTE MZ36-T-015UK
P/N : PB85Q01201

I am unable to boot so I tried to install Windows XP (SP2). During installation, it successfully completes the Formatting but after completing the format, installation stops at 69% while copying files. An error message is shown in a blue screen and I can't install XP. The message goes like this-

STOP: 0x00000050 (0xF000FF6F, 0x00000000, 0xF73642F2, 0x00000000)

Fastfat.sys address F73642F2 base at F735000,Datestamp 47273804

Please give me a solution of this. Is it problem with my RAM or Hard disk or the problem is in my XP CD?

Thanks.

***I didn't install any new hardware.

it successfully completes the Formatting
Do not format
For a clean install, just remove the Partition(s)
Here's the exact Guide, please select wour Windows version:

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step (* Including Delete Partition) :http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdoldhdd/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step (* Including Delete Partition): http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdoldhdd/indexfullpage.htm

* Warning deleting the Partition will remove all User data and Windows system files

Hi, the problem wasn't solved, rather it worsen. I deleted all partitions and created new partitions but again the problem comes. It copies the files up to 69% and then stops and tells that cannot copy files, to skip the file press Esc. After pressing Esc for each files it skips those files and complete the file copying process to 100%. Then it restarts and before starting the setup an error message comes like this

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000)

Thus it stops and I can't do anything. Please help me about this. I'll be grateful. thanks.

Please remove one of your added Ram cards (you likely bought and fitted another)
Do the XP Setup again (again you must remove the partition and not create any, as Windows setup does this automatically, without even stating it is - on a non partitioned hard drive)
That should work ;)

Oh, once Windows is back installed, then shutdown and re-fit the extra Ram card
I know its strange, its just that some motherboards like being stock standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back