Windows XP shows various bluescreen error messages often

[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]Hi all, I have an old pc with these configurations, [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]P4 2.4ghz, 1GB DDR RAM , 845 mobo , an 80GB IDE HDD, a 250GB SATA HDD, Nvidia Geforce 5200 256MB. [/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]And here's my situation. [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]I had my OS (xp sp2) installed on the 80GB HDD, it was working well since I installed it an year ago. Then I bought this Nvidia geforce 5200 card and installed its drivers. I could play games well and one day my OS shows this blue screen saying some ntfs.sys error. So I installed XP again on the 250GB sata HDD. after 2 days , it shows the same blue screen with different error messages. One time it boots into XP well and I could play games and watch movies well, and next time it shows the blue screen on startup with a different error message than the previous one , like "try removing video adapters........" one time and "try removing antivirus programs, defragmentation tools" the next time. I think it shows all possible error codes every time. most of the times it would boot into desktop without troubles. [/FONT][/LEFT]
Could this be because of my Graphics card, I installed only the driver that came with the card.
Has anyone got this issue before.
I've changed the RAM too. But the same thing happens again.

[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]any help or advice to resolve my problem would be much appreciated. [/FONT][/LEFT]

Why are you not using Service Pack 3 yet? There are some 120+ XP updates after updating XP to Service Pack 3... This may also be caused by a dying power supply

Back