Windows XP SP2 Long Delay in opening My Documents

By Irish Okie
Feb 22, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a 60 second delay or better whenever I try to access My Documents, Control Panel, etc. Even from a shortcut on the desktop. Non-windows applications seem to run fine. I have run spyhunter, virusscan, shut down unnecessary processes, optimized memory, stood on my head while juggling 3 vodka gimlets and a flaming sword and drinking a guiness. In addition, my boot is very slow and hangs up once I log into my user account (or any other). Thought perhaps this was an SP2 problem, tried uninstalling it, but no difference. So I reinstalled it. I am functional, but feeling psychotic nonetheless!
  2. Irish Okie

Irish Okie Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 23

Problem solved! Thanks guys!

OK, ran Hijackthis and followed realblackstuff's directions. My documents folder now responds instantly. I still have a few glitches, but I think I know where to look. It's amazing what gets in. You're awesome!
  3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Thanks for the compliments. RBS put together quite a guide to helping people get rid of the crap that invades their PC. Glad you got your problem fixed.

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.