Windows XP Starts Slow...Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Culepatua

Hi everyone who reads this. I don't really know if I'm posting this thread in the right section, but here it goes. I recently updated my PC with a new mobo (Asus A8N Sli Premium 939 Socket Nvidia Chipset), a new CPU (Athlon 64 3500+ 939 Socket), a new vid card (GeForce 6800XT 256MB PCI-e), and a new power supply (Thermaltake TR2 500W). I kept my 2 HDDs and my memory (512MB DDR PC2700). So I installed Win XP and it all was fine. Installed all the drivers and it was all fine. I turned off my PC and later on that day I turn it on again, but this time after the Windows XP loading screen it would take forever to get into Win XP completely. When it finally loaded the computer's speed was unstable. It would sometimes appear to work fast, and other times slow. So the next day I decided I would just format and reinstall Win XP all over again. So I did, then I installed everything again and as I restarted it, everything was fine. So I turned off the PC and later on that same day I turned it on, and it was still booting slowly. Weird thing is that after it loaded completely everything would appear normal, and the PC would work fast. But I still don't understand why it takes long to load in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back