Windows XP USB Devices Not Recognized

By rawmatrix
Jan 22, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

I have Windows XP MCE w/ SP2 installed and am having problems with my USB ports. I started having this problem right after I installed SP2. It might be SP2. Well the problem is whenever I plug in my SanDisk USB flash drive it gets recognized as a CD-ROM for some reason and if I explore it I see some LaunchPad software that comes with the flash drive, I don't see it as removable storage nor view the data on it. Before SP2, everything was working fine. Even my camera is having problems, when I connect it I don't see anything. The computer doesn't recognize it at all. I have downloaded and installed all my drivers for my chipset and for my camera and flash drive, but still no luck. I have also tried removing all my drivers for USB through Device Manager and re-installing them and updating, but still nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.