Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging

I am trying to set up my Windows Xp computer as a VPN server. I have taken the initial steps. I get to the Accept incoming connections screen and click okay. The computer hangs for about a minute or so, and then comes up with the following message: Incoming connections depend on Routing and Remote access service which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log. I presumed I had to go to control panel, performance and maintenance, Administrative Tools, Event viewer. I have already made sure that Routing and Remote access are enabled, as well as Telephony. I could not find Netbios in the services list, and don't know where to look for it. Also when I try to start Routing and Remote access service manually I get the following message: Windows could not start Routing and Remote access on local computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to the service specific error code-2147483576. Can some one give me a step by step walk through of how to resolve this issue, so I can connect to that computer from work over the internet?

Back