TechSpot

Windows XP "Window Size"?

By DJTru
Nov 14, 2005
  1. Hello there i dont know if there is anyone out there that can help me. My friend has a problem in windows XP. He told me that when he opens up any window within the desktop it opens very very small. Now the question i have is there a option or a setting he can go to. To make the windows open up normal or bigger than how they open up now?

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Well, once a window is opened and then closed. It theoretically should remember what the last size was and reuse that. Try expanding the window, and then hitting the X.

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

he can always go into display settings in control panel to adjust resolutions.

4. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

GOOGLE is GREAT

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StreamMRU

The above 2 keys are used in all versions of Windows (since 95/NT); Windows XP also uses the following keys, so you might want to delete these too:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU

(the pane on the left with groups like file/folder tasks, other places, details, etc) is stored in the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\DUIBags

Delete that to reset this data too.

I woulda found it if my machine had problems
    you can to, just goolgize it all

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.