Windows XP won't boot from cd through Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still not sure what had happened, but there is a good chance it had to do with SP2 updates.

My computer will not boot into windows and it won't boot from cd in Bios. I have tried different orders in the BOOT bios such as:

1. cd-rom
2. Hard drive
3. disabled
4. disabled

and also with the 2nd and 3rd slots disabled and 4th as HD.

When the computer crashed it had a message about "Lsass.exe could not locate component"

Thanx for any help.

morogoth said:
I am still not sure what had happened, but there is a good chance it had to do with SP2 updates.

My computer will not boot into windows and it won't boot from cd in Bios. I have tried different orders in the BOOT bios such as:

1. cd-rom
2. Hard drive
3. disabled
4. disabled

and also with the 2nd and 3rd slots disabled and 4th as HD.

When the computer crashed it had a message about "Lsass.exe could not locate component"

Thanx for any help.

I had this same problem (not the Lsass.exe) with my computer spitting out XP and other Windows CDs. My solution:

You will a windows prior to XP that can install through DOS. Now, boot up with a 98SE bootdisk Now when you get to the command prompt, pop in your old windows disk, browse to that CD, and run Setup. Should work just fine. If not, I apologize, this is just what I did for my problem, they seemed similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back