Windows XP won't boot

Hi, as the title said I have a windows xp machine that won't boot and I need help.

I only have a little knowledge and experience with fixing computers so explications would be appreciated.

When starting the machine normally a white bar appears at the bottom and when it completes the machine freezes and just stays as it is. (photo A)20170512_110255.jpg

When starting in safe mode a long list of messages appear. (photo B sorry about bad crop) 20170512_110203(2).jpg

I have already replaced the coin battery in the mother board and pressed in all the connections on the motherboard to check if they were loose (they were not).

I do not care about files or software, only that the machine is operating normally.

Thank you to any one who responds.

Identify motherboard maker and model. Obtain manual. Enter BIOS to confirm settings in accord with manual and the components installed. Boot, take notes - report beeps, error codes, etc as startup initiated.

Hey. This sounds familiar. After removing the battery BIOS settings are reset to default.

The most likely solution isupload_2017-5-16_17-17-52.jpeg
> access the BIOS find the settings for storage configuration.
> Change it to AHCI reboot

(if this does not work, or is already set to AHCI)
>Change it to IDE

Let me know how it goes.

Hey. This sounds familiar. After removing the battery BIOS settings are reset to default.

The most likely solution isView attachment 82341
> access the BIOS find the settings for storage configuration.
> Change it to AHCI reboot

(if this does not work, or is already set to AHCI)
>Change it to IDE

Let me know how it goes.

Looking through the bios I couldn't find storage configuration or an option called AHCI

The motherboard is a G4V620-B-G

I haven't been able to compare the manual to the bios settings yet

Hey, the option is called something different on all BIOS versions. Some call it [SATA hard disk mode settings] some call it [Storage settings] it will be something to do with configuring the drive controller work either in AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) mode, or else in IDE mode.

You mention that the files and programs are of no interest so I'm thinking you got this machine in a non working condition. I had this problem a year ago and ended up doing a repair of XP with the Windows disk. It was worth it because I value what is on the hard drive - otherwise it's a lot of effort for very little gain. The hardware is now well behind the curve. If you fail to get it to boot find an XP installation disk, ideally with SP3 included. It'll keep you busy for a long time.

Back