Windows XP won't start. Reformmated Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, i started formatation, wipe harddrive and stuff, and then when I come back, i get some memory error then computer shuts down. Now when I turn on the computer It hangs at the first stcreen (i have emachines so it shows an e), for quite a while making weird fan and clicking noises. Then it finally goes through and back to the beginning part of reformatation (when at the bottom it shows the stuff it's checking drivers and such) and then stops at "starting up windows", while making weird clicking and fan noises. It worked perfectly before reformatting. How do I fix this? Is it possible to wipe the HDD somehow again? Thanks!

Note - i also tried booting without cd in driver. Weird noises still then it says CANNOT start windows or smoething PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK.

Wierd ...

Did u format (full?) or (quick?)

Try a full format & go from there, though those sounds u described may be a hardware problem ... open it up n have a peek!

Thats what I would do ... but yeah ... whatever!

hey, thanks for reply. I did a full. Now I can't reformat again :/ because no matter what key i press f4 or f8 or any other, it won't boot from cd. I tried the bios - but couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Open the PC and reseat all cards and memory stick(s). Check all cables from PSU, drives and mobo.
The noise could come from a dying/died harddisk, or a FAN that is full of dust.
To get into BIOS, on most PCs you press the Del or F1 key immediately at startup.
Set it to start from 1)floppy, 2)CD, 3)HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back