Windows XP x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultiweap

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if I install Windows Xp x64 on my PC will I be able to install all my program I can use on the x86?

Does all programs work on the X64 verison of XP Pro or Home?

Thanks a lot in advance
amagnien

Yes You can because of the wow64 emulator on xp 64 edition.It just means that any software or game that if for x86 or x64 will work and Yes I have got xp x64 edition and its faster than xp
x86 and it works faster if you have dual channel ram enabled

to make XP x64 be faster u need to have at least 4 GIG of ram, and be sure to have the correct drivers for any hardware.

Thats not entirely correct.

To fully utilize over 4 gigs (arguably 3) of RAM you need 64bit XP would have been how I would have phrased it.

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if I install Windows Xp x64 on my PC will I be able to install all my program I can use on the x86?

Does all programs work on the X64 verison of XP Pro or Home?

Thanks a lot in advance
amagnien

I'm running xp64 with 2gigs of RAM and not all apps runs. Some programs are not supported and but so far I've found other apps that can do the same thing.

Ok so if I understand well, if I install Windows XP x64 on my PC all the drivers I already download for my Windows XP x86 will not and I will need to download the x64 version ones. Also the programs will not work too???

That's about right

Also, if you do a clean install, those x86 drivers will be gone anyway
You should download all the 64Bit drivers before installing Windows 64bit anyway, that way you know all will work (Sound Video Network....)

Well so far all the software and games I'v downloaded for x86 and x64 work and its fast but something is odd on my pc because on xp x86 I get bsod like Page_fauly_in_non_paged_area and Irql_not_less_or_equal lol but on xp x64 I dont get any BSOD or crashes lol guess something is up with some compatability probelms with xp x84 lol

Not to hijack this thread, but if every software we use is list in the C:\programs files x86 then its not being used as a x64?

yes but those folders are for if you want to uninstall or find the x86 and x64 software so if you dont know if you installed a 64-bit programe like 3ds max the folders can tell you which the software is suited for and if you have 3ds max 86-bit it tells you so you can upgrade if you choose to 3ds max 64-bit for better performance and architecture ect....

I dont think I'm benefiting from xp64. Under programs files x86 i have all the software I use. Under x64 program files I have the normal installed files it creates. I'm gonna go back to regular xp, only because when i have jailbreak iphones/itouch I need itunes to work and when I flash moto phones I need certain software to work. So I going back.:wave::(

There are still some benefits to running 64 bit - mainly memory limits. I couldn't recommend XP 64 to anyone though I absolutely love Vista 64. So much of the info in this thread has been so inaccurate that I've really been hesitant to post here. I would take anything said here so far with a grain of salt and if you decide to use anything you read in this thread please do a little more research about that specific item first.

well I think I have been mostly right about my posts but thats just from my experience with xp x64 and it does have a massive performance as I have seen and all the software I have used worked good with no problems and thats with both x86 and x64 bit softwares

That seems interesting for me using it but till now I haven't install it because i'm a little afraid of using it and that most of my programs don't work on it due to non x64 version. Because it will be annoying to re-download all that with an only 256kbps internet connection downloading at only 25 - 32kb/s.

That would be nice if every program even for only x86 work on x64 or mainly the most and more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back