Windows7: windows not genuine problems

crikk23

So I have had this before and fixed it a few times, but the windows not genuine error came back ones again and non of the fixes I can find works.

I have updates off and all the files I can find for it deleted and so on and so forth...and its still there! its like a zombie! smash it in the head and it get back up after sometime!

I have tryed the commands for CMD, made/ran bat files , turned off and deleted files...what should I do now?

Yes and yes.

as I sayed this is not the first time with it...its more like the 12th time with it.

You may just have to back up your personal files. Then do a clean install window7. Sounds like you may have some corrupt system files.

I had this problem for months before finding a solution here.

It was a real pain, causing my computer to take a r-e-a-a-a-a-l-l-l-y long time to boot up, shutting down frequently at unpredictable times, giving me that bogus 'not genuine' message, which I initially ignored because I had a genuine copy.

Anyway, once I found the solution here, the problem was quickly solved. It was so simple, yet brought immense relief. I was STAGGERED that Microsoft had not properly addressed this problem themselves, so that people like me would have to possibly suffer through the pain of a fuwr (fu within recognition) computer before finding a solution - if they were lucky.

Anyway, a rant, not relevant to solving the problem, but it just shows you how upset I was by this thing.

As to the solution - at least for me - see post 55 here:
https://www.techspot.com/community/...not-a-genuine-copy-of-windows-7.186306/page-3

I should add, after I uninstalled KB971003, my computer didn't add the new update after the first restart. The second restart it installed the updated version of KB971003, and only on the 3rd restart did my computer recognise - after all - that my copy was genuine.

Back