Winfast 6800GT problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlasgowTitan

Hello,

I just bought a Leadtek WinFast A400 GT TDH and installed it. When I run some applications I get strange things happeneing, I get big lines accross the screen from various objects. Hard to describe so I took a screenshot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/Glasgow_Titan/Strange.jpg

This was on Battlefield 2, but I got the same happeneing on 3Dmarks 2001 and 2003.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

I have a AMD Athlon XP 3000+ with 1Gb DDR RAM.

what u see there are called artfacts there are more than one reason for this happening. the most common is overheating other can be driver related but take it one at a time and eliminate all the problems, first check the Graphics card temps and also ur ambiant temp if they well say around 60c or something i think they are ok(mine goes up to 70c without any problem). check this up also check BF2 site to see if there any compatibilty problems with ur card and to see if there any patches for that!

Hi,

Its a brand new card, is definately not overheating and its not just on Battelfield 2 either, happens on the 3D Mark benchmarks, battlefield 1942, farcry wont even load up...

Someone mentioned something about updating BIOS, but he didnt know how, would that solve the problem, and how do I do that?

Thanks.....

Go to your motherboard manufacturer's website, find your model, and download the BIOS and chipset drivers (if you haven't yet). You would probably just have to flash the new BIOS for the old one, which takes a few minutes at most. Flashing instructions should be on the website

BTW, is your computer overclocked? If so, that could be causing the artifacts

Oh, and if that doesn't work, try reinstalling the drivers.

My computer is not overclocked and I have installed the drivers serveral times (the one that came with the card, one from the Leadtek website and one from Nvidia - all with the same effect).

My motherboard is a Jetway V500DA (I believe). I checked their website and the latest BIOS is 1.2, how do I tell if what I already have is newer or older than that?

Thanks

I have a 6800GT from Leadtek. I just installed Battlefield 2 demo and the 77.72 drivers and started experiencing the same lines on my screen, then the system hanging. This initially happened only after a while playing BF2 or GTA San Andreas, but escalated to the point where now I can't even boot up my machine. It happens even in VGA mode, before the drivers have loaded. I have emailed Leadtek and they say the card is buggered. What the hell's going on? Is BF2 or the new Nvidia drivers physically knackering graphics cards?

I got my Leadtek replaced with an XFX 6800GT and believe it or not the same thing happened with that too, I'm thinking maybe my motherboard isnt compatible with these new cards. I have a Jetway V500DAP board, pretty budget and hasnt has a BIOS update for over a year, so maybe that was my problem...

I have since gone back to my ATI 9600PRO and just living with low settings on BF2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back