By scgoose1
Aug 20, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How do i uninstalled this debugger software,
    I can not find any trace of it on my pc what is it
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Have you tried Google or the manufacturer's website?
  3. Trasksdad

Trasksdad TS Rookie

WinIce/SoftIce ?

Every time that I try to bring up a program that I have used successfully many times in the past I get a Protection Error window displayed with the words:

"Debugger detected - please close it down and restart, Windows users: Please note that having the WinIce/SoftIce service installed means that you are running a debugger!"

I have never installed this and am running Windows XP Home Edition. The program doesn't appear in the list of programs that can be removed via the Control Panel option so I have no idea how to get rid of it. Who do I contact to see how this can be done?
  4. Trasksdad

Trasksdad TS Rookie

Individual Solution

A cry for help to the originator of the MP3 Editor program that I was having trouble with resulted in them sending me a revised file that now works fine. Obviously this solution is restricted to this particular program so I am not able to offer any solutions to the many other members of the computer fraternity that have experienced a similar problem. However, if they have run into trouble due to WinIce/SoftIce when trying to run the DAK MP3 Editor please tell them to contact me and I will forward the revised file to them.
  5. Trasksdad

Trasksdad TS Rookie

WinIce/SoftIce ?

I got this from Numega (creators of SoftIce). Contact them at www.numega.com for the general solution. It has to come directly from them.

Quote: "Some programs look to see if the is a debugger present in the system to
    protect themselves from hacking. I would suspect that at some point Softice
    was installed on your system and not completely removed. " Solution follows:
  6. kcashion

kcashion TS Rookie

How do I get full message from 10-10-05 4:15am

The problem stated by Trasksdad is mine exactly. The answer given as coming from Numega ends at "as follows:" When I try www.numega.com I get a blank page. How can I read the rest of the fix that was given to Trasksdad?
  7. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

i don't think that the numega site or company exists anymore.

A bit of digging leads me to numega being acquired by Compuware. Maybe give them a buzz..
  8. deepakgates

deepakgates TS Rookie

i ve got a problem with softice
    i am unable to start softice
    i use win xp sp2 and softice 4

whenever i try it shows error (attached pic)
    and symbol loader says
    "SoftICE is not active. Symbols cannot be loaded."

please suggest a remedy.................
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.