Winlogon.exe messed

Status
Not open for further replies.

skankerer

Hey guys, well here's my story. On my computer I had Windows XP pro sp2, and I reinstalled it with a different CD (windows Xp home), because I din't have the other XP pro cd or key. As the 30 day count down.. counted down, I hadn't bothered to get the other pro cd or another one. So I hadn't activated windows yet, and now it's on the last day and I got a crack off a friend.. yes.. I wish I didn't do that. But before I ran it I made a restore point and a backup of the registry.

Yeah, so I ran the crack ( I can't remember what it was called but the guy who made it's name was chinese)
It did something to winlogon.exe, and It made a backup. SO the machine rebooted and tried to go back into windows, but it just gets to a different logon screen to home, displays a stop error then reboots. What can I do without formatting? :(

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have to say first of all. Techspot does not condone the use of pirated software.

Buy a legit copy of Windows.

Put your hard drive in another computer as a slave drive. Get your important data off.

Then put it back in your system and format it, and install the legit copy of Windows.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I don`t know if there`s another way or not. Even if I did, I wouldn`t be able to help you.

We can`t help with pirated software. This is Techspot policy.

You`ll have a lot less problems once you`ve got a legal copy of Windows.

Regards Howard :)

mmm

Yeah, I'm getting a new CD off the person in a few hours, and the thing is I've had so many problems with this PC in the past. I just hope I can fix everything with out taking the computer apart / formatting.. Do you know of anyone that will be able to help me.

I was either going to buy the CD or get another off the person who built it. But stuff is messed up atm and I didn't get either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back