WinMgmt.exe Program Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I was wondering if someone could take a look at my hijack this output and tell me why I keep on getting the error:
WinMgmt.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log has been created. Thanks in advance for the help.

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\WINNT\DNSerSvc.exe
c:\sdwork\issimsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AT&TNE~2\NETCFGSV.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\r_server.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\Program Files\Speed Disk\nopdb.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb03.exe
C:\Program Files\TightVNC\WinVNC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\drwtsn32.exe
I:\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINNT\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb03.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMan] C:\WINNT\system32\dllcache\rundll32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISSI EZUpdate Service] "c:\sdwork\issimsvc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [stgclean] c:\sdwork\w32main2.exe /cleanup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINNT\system32\\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DIGStream] C:\Program Files\DIGStream\digstream.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinVNC] "C:\Program Files\TightVNC\WinVNC.exe" -servicehelper
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINNT\system32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {B942A249-D1E7-4C11-98AE-FCB76B08747F} (RealArcadeRdxIE Class) - http://games-dl.real.com/gameconsole/Bundler/CAB/RealArcadeRdxIE.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/zuma/default/popcaploader_v5.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{61A4E75C-F560-46FD-809E-FE7D3974B204}: Domain = ibm.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{61A4E75C-F560-46FD-809E-FE7D3974B204}: NameServer = 216.148.227.68,204.127.202.4
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: SearchList = ibm.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: SearchList = ibm.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: SearchList = ibm.com

Can you be a little more specific about when this error occurs??

If you go into the event viewer, do you see any failure events for the Application or System sections that appear relevant?? (Control Panel, Administrative Tools if you don't already know..)

btw- Welcome to Techspot!! :wave:

More Info

Thanks Goalie
okay, I got this message after I had found that my IE browser was getting hijacked. I got rid of that and ever since then I get that system message every 15-45 seconds. The event viewer log has a very general entry refering to this problem:
The Windows Management Instrumentation service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 98 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

And for some reason the computer is acting the same....slow boot times, apps slow to pull....I think I didn't get all of that nasty hijacker but I am not sure. I am about to reinstall windows and say forget it. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks =D

Thaks realblackstuff, that seemed to clear the error message. Do you know what those services did? Do I need them?

Thanks

They provide System Management Information. Other than that I don't know much about them. Just found somewhere that, when set to start Manual, you have less system-errors.
If Windows needs a (manual) service, it will start it, otherwise it will leave you in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back