WinMX Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently tried using the latest version of WinMx. The installation and set up went fine, but for some reason any time I try to run winx, the program does not seem to run. It was working three days ago, but after I did a reboot of the computer, it would not run anymore. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

as long as you arnt doing anything dodgy then use something OTHER than Limewire. Having that name itself on your pc is 51% garuntees you to get spyware/trojan/malware etc...

Even if you use a different software for p2p, you need to take the neccesary security and common sense... or we'll see you in the Security and Web forum soon :D

P2P programmes are notorious for dropping viruses/trojans etc onto a computer system.

Our security and the web forum contains many threads, where problems have been caused as a direct result of using such software.

Whilst the use of P2P programmes is in itself not illegal, the downloading of copyrighted material certainly is.

Techspot does not condone any form of piracy.

Regards Howard :cool:

If you want a spyware free p2p client, use Shareaza. Its open source, so you can check the code for spyware yourself if you want.

It's often not the programs themselves - it's the files on the networks they connect to.

Yeah i agree, the only way you can get a virus or ect through say limewire, is if you select the file and download it, ive never gotten anything, not even a hint of spyware from limewire. And i don't run a firewall, windows firewall actually only.

Unless you have a top-of-the-range virus scan (which still won't catch everything) p2p programs are not recomended. However, I use Limewire quite regulary and have never had a virus. Back to topic though, you said you downloaded the latest version, is this a BETA version? BETA versions often cause problems.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back