WinXp asks to format E when I click on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Beret

Hey Guys;

I have Dell 1525 inspiration with Win Vista ;

I have three drives ( C,D,E) , all my files in E.

I put Win Xp Sp2 and made a boot from it.

I delete drives C and D to make them with new sizes . I didn't touch E. After that, I installed Win Xp Sp2 on C . When I finished . I went to check my files in E, I shocked :dead: when I saw a small window asks me to make a format for E before accessing it .

What shall I do ? My files in E , my works , my life stages , my degrees , ..etc

How can I took them before making format for E?

I know there are a Recovery programs , but they are not very well sometimes , I can't make an adventure with my files to do format to E before taking my files.

I appreciate any help.

:)

Fairly obvious questions. With a C; D : E: you then deleted C: D: (how ?). Then installed XP on a new C: which unless instructed otherwise, would have used all the available space to create a new C:. So what about D: ? Well unless you actually created D: using some software such as FDISK or more comprehensive things, what was E: is now called drive D: and you have no E: at all (unless it is a CD/DVD), so references in the registry to E: dont have anywhere to go....

Learn something about backups before you do anything you dont understand properly whist having all your 'life works' at risk.

O.K.

When you boot from Win Xp . Such when the drives list came up on the screen , you can see some choice on task bar , delete drive. I did that I deleted C and D and I made them again with specific capacity for each of C and D.

just move up and down on drive C , will see delete drive camp up on the task bar.and when you delete you'll see Create drive and you can specify the capacity.

I already have E in my computer. I didn't do anything for it .So, I completed the steps of installing window .After that, I went to E and double click on it , the new window came up on screen as follows :

The Disk in drive E is not formatted. do you want to format it now ?

I didn't do anything and I'm not gonna do anything ...

I can't loose my life work ...it's end of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back