[WinXP] Customize Folder View - List view for subfolders aswell??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to have a specific folder AND its subfolders all have the List View? If I use the customize folder options:
attachment.php

I can add various views such as thumbnail view, detailed view etc; they work great, however I can't add one type of view, which is LIST View. I only want specific folders and their subfolders to have the list view which is why I don't want to use the "apply to all folders" method in tools, options.

Is there any way I can add the list view to specific folders and their subfolders?
Is it possible to modify the templates that are found under customize folder options (right click folder, properties, customize) so that I can add the list view option or modify the current templates?

Attachments

• cutomize_folder.png
    cutomize_folder.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 6
List view

You could just go to the main folder select list view from the views toolbar and repeat the same for each sub folder, windows will maintain the views you set for each folder until you change them. there might be other methods but thats what i would do

Thats the method i always use - however, i wanted to know of any other (quicker) ways to do this as i've re-installed XP recently and i have LOTS of folders and subfolders i'd like to add this view setting to.

Sorry! I dont know of any windows setting or third party utility that will do this for you. there might be but i haven not seen any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back