WinXP Desktop Management

Sebastian42

Windows allows very little choice as to location and size of desktop wallpaper, whereas Active Desktop Calendar has afeature whereby an image of one's choice and be 'deployed' in ANY location on a desktop, as a wallpaper/background. Does anyone know of a program that confines it self to THAT functionality ?

What exactly are you trying to do on your XP desktop? Looking at mine, I see it has a setting for Stretch, Center & Tile.

Stretch, Center & Tile - That is what I mean by 'limited'. Active Desktop Calendar allows one to put a pic of choice anywhere, in fact several pics, arranged as it suits me.

Well, since XP only has 2 months till MS takes it off life support, perhaps its time to upgrade. Unless of course you're going to be using it offline. Other than that, good luck. :)

I have never ran across a program as you are describing. Your best bet would more or less to google wall paper programs for XP. Microsoft maybe not supporting Xp after Apirl . But their will still be a lot of people still using it. Due to not being able to afford a upgrade. I use 98 for along time after they stop support on it. Their was still security software out their . For a while for 98. I did not switch to Win Xp. to 3 years after it was out.

Last edited:
I don't know of such a program either.

My suggestion would be to download GIMP, make a blank picture with size exactly as your monitor, then arrange pictures like you want. Save, set as background.

ABSOLUTELY no guarantee, but you "might" be able to do such with MSPaint. I just modified a picture using it so no harm in trying. Good luck. :)

Back