Winxp issue-cannot enable mcafee

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasasa

losing it about this problem. called mcafee for support and did not resolve. i know it was me, and its probably just a switch, if some one could assist me i would very much appriciate it.

We are going to need a little more information that what you have provided. Please give more details about what has happened and what you have done that might have caused this problem.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

mcafee vs. code 2

thank you.
first it was fine. then i happened. i like to solve puzzles so when any thing happens on the computer it is mostly my doing i eventually find. so it has to be some thing i set wrong.

mcafee is fine. every thing else runs smooth. i notice my icon turned black. so i tried to enable, nothing. support from mcafee said to go into my settings and make sure that a switch that says compatability was turned off. so i went in and corrected. then i was instructed to uninstall all traces of mcafee and printed instructions to do so. uninstalled everything. restarted the computer and vouila! red for about a minute then blackness came over it yet again. oh the dispare. i was so close to victory.

so i called support and they made me a code 2 problem so they cant talk to me now cause im a code 2. im waiting for them to call or email me. nothing yet. unprotected. not so actually. when i look in my security center it shows that im covered by the program, i just cant prove it. the message does not come up when i log on and the icon says disabled. i am at a loss.

any assistance would be greatly apreeshed.

it isnt suppose to turn black is it? i never noticed it black. its always been red, hasnt it? i thought i was slightly more observant, but its possible, i guess.

thanks for any help anyway. how do you remove a human from your computer? :monkey:

all tips and hints will be appreciated

i am open to suggestions. maybe im looking at it too close.

mcafee icon turning black after logging on...

i am new to the computer game and am desperate for some help. i will try and describe my problem to all who wish to help:

my mcafee icom in the lower right corner turns black and when i place my mouse cursor on it it states that my virus scan is disabled. when i pull up my security center everything is in the green and fine. there is a message that pops up during the log in and it reads as follows:

MCAFEE VIRUSSCAN

SOME COMPONENTS OF ACTIVE SHIELD ARE EITHER MISSING OR MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN INSTALLED PROPERLY.
PLEASE REINSTALL ACTIVE SHILD.

IF YOU HAVE STARTED YOUR COMPUTER IN SAFE MODE, PLEASE RESTART YOUR COMPUTER IN NORMAL MODE TO ENABLE MCAFEE VIRUS SCAN.

can anyone tell me how to carry out these request in simple terms because i cannot understand the computer lingo yet. i am trying though. if my computer is in safe mode i didnt put it there and i dont know how to reinstall active shield so please, your help will be needed.

thank you,
mwe625

Put your McAffee CD in, and install should start by itself.
If not, click on Start/Run and type D:\Setup and click OK.
If your CD is another letter, type E:\SETUP or whatever

I had the same problem, but now it's fixed. My problem started when somehow the system date was changed to 1/1/1999 and my System file in System32\Config was corrupted. I replaced this file with a backup copy and run McAfee update. It's now Red, and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back