WinXP Sp2 - Random Blue Screen and freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've been having constantly random freezes and blue screens. I've tried clean installs, upgraded firmwares and bioses, using different software, memtest etc...

They come seemingly random. Sometimes it will blue screen when idling or surfing the net or copying files or just running music player. Ironicly, it has never happened while I am gaming. Which is strange.

My System Specs are:

AMD X2 3800+
Asrock 939Dual SATA2
Creative SB Live 5.1 DE
1.5gb DDR Ram (1gb + 256mb + 256mb)
Leadtek 6600gt 128mb AGP
Leadtek Winfast TV Tuner
1x 80gb HDD IDE
1x 80gb HDD SATA
1x 120gb HDD SATA

I have attached some minidumps for analysis.

Any help is highly appriciated.

Hi, Your crashes are happening at ntkrpamp.exe See if this Microsoft hotfix to see if it helps but it is most likely a memory problem. Some bad memory still passes those memory tests. You could also try swapping out memory modules if you have more than one. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836435

I installed the hotfix mentioned above but it didn't help.

I've also tried swapping out different memory modules and even tried to sit each in a different memory slot. It didn't help either.

Is there anything else that would cause the pc to freeze like this?

Heat, dust buildup in the computer case. Hardware crashes are obviously very difficult to diagnose. It is possible that it could be the video card or sound card. Unfortunately you just have to try and narrow it down by removing hardware. Remove everything not necessary to boot the computer, then add a new component until you get a crash then you can figure out what is causing it.

Well... the computer itself is fairly clean. Not much dust buildup.
Very well ventilated, and is kept quiet cool.

Now before I start ripping it apart...

What does ntkrpamp.exe do anyways? =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back