WinXP..Unable to Format + PC Rebooting Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skipper

Well it all first started about 2 weeks ago when i used my usuall PerfectDisk Programme overnight and set it to Defrag and then a PageFile Defrag when i rebooted. I went to reboot but constantly as the windows XP loaded, it would just restart over and over again. I tried everything..Loading from Safe Mode etc etc. The only thing i could do was format. But when i tried to format, it always got stuck on 40% :/ I tried this many times and then the only way i could get my PC booted was by formatting the NFTS(Quick) because the normal NFTS got stuck at 40%

So i already knew something was wrong. A few days passed and everything was ok, other than a few strange file errors which i never had before i formatted. I turned my computer off one night and the next morning, same problem..Didnt reboot..Once again..had to format using the NFTS(Quick) because NFTS got stuck on 40% again..Now i have my PC here..Online..Just not going to switch it off in fear of me needing to format it again. If anybody has a solution to my problem i would be very gratefull. I think its mainly to do with the NFTS or some corrupted Hard Drive files.

I am currently runnning XP with SP1. Before the 2 formats i had SP2 with full updates, but i have also had some random errors when installing random stuff really.

Thanks.

My HardDrive is a Maxtor6Y080L0

I googled and found Maxtors site but couldnt find any CheckDisk Utility, i would be eternally gratefull if someone could point me in the right direction.

Well, this is abit weird lol..On the Maxtor Site only the Spanish and Brazilian Download Sections work :/ Perhaps i should just start some random clicking through the setup now :)

Well, that didnt seem to work, i followed the instructions but when i booted with the Floppy in A: nothing happened, weird :(

You need to go into your BIOS and make sure that your first boot device is the Floppy Drive. Second boot device being your CD-ROM, and lastly being your HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back