WinXp upgrage possible graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinist

Hi, I upgraded from 2000 Pro to XP Pro ,and now im having a little problem when scrolling through web pages. When I use the wheel or drag the sidebar it goes in steps and looks like an old tv with the horizontal hold out of adjustment.I installed the drivers for my graphics card Asus A9550 128mb. I also updated the drivers through the Asus web site but still the same problem. Any help would be really appreciated.

Danny

I suggest totally removing your old drivers, and then installing the latest catalyst from ATI's driver page. (Download before you uninstall though).

You can find instructions on how to remove the old drivers here, and I also suggest downloading and using Catalyst Cleaner which is available from the same place as you download the latest drivers.

Good luck!

Thanks for the help with the ATI site. I used the cat uninstaller and driver cleaner pro. I installed the ATI drivers for XP but still have the same problem. I get a prompt that says no ATI drivers are installed and device manager shows ASUS Radeon and ASUS Radeon secondary with a small yellow triangle symbol. When I click on driver properties it shows the device not working (code 10). If I disable and then enable them I can get the ATI control center to open, but it shows no info. Im going nuts trying to figure this out.

Danny

Well I tried everything, but nothing seems to work. I reloaded my old system and will try another install of Xp Pro in the future. Thanks for the help. :grinthumb

Danny

Strange.

But at least everything works as it should when you went back to w2k. Hopefully the next XP upgrade will work out properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back