TechSpot

Wiped C: clean, fresh install of XP sp 2...computer restarted all by itself, ideas?

By Mark the 2nd
Nov 26, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi...I'm a new guy here...was hoping someone smarter than myself could help...

Ok, my father and I have this computer we use to record music with using high-end software and components, at least it was high end when we got it a few years back...anyway I just formatted C and reloaded XP pro sp2...i've been fighting with drivers all day, and when i finally get everything working, it decides to restart

Upon restart, i get this:
    BCCode: fe BCP1: 00000004 BCP2: 85FA9CD8 BCP3: 8607E7B8 BCP4: 00000000 OS VER: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 256_1

What do you all think...drivers is my first guess, but i defer to the experts, i.e. you...I've attached the dump

also, i'm running a matrox G450 Dual-Head, an RME 96/52 soundcard...let me know if more info is needed

one more thing, this computer does not go anywhere near the world wide web, so i know its not a virus of any sort...

thanks again, you might save my life, or at least my sanity
    mark creaney
    "in search of digital nirvana..."
  2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,711

Try a system restore - this is caused by a driver error. For some reason I associate this with Sonys.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.