Wired router network problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teaser261

I have a cable modem>dlink wired router>GigaFast Ethernet ez800-s switch.I have 6 pc's connected. Surfing the net is all it is used for. Randomly when the pc's are turned on, one will say limited or no connectivity.Refreshing the IP does nothing. Turning off PC and and Modem>Router>switch and turning back on, connection works, but another pc on the system will not connect. I've tried a new router and a new switch to no avail. It all worked fine for 2 years untill 3 months ago. I can't figure out what happened since. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

In XP you go to Control Panel>Rgt ckck the connection Icon> Properties page>TCP/IP protocol's property page.
There you start by choosing "Use the FollowingIP address"
You will need to enter, Gateway address,Subnet mask,IP #/range, etc.(these will be in the Owner's manual of Router) the process must be done correctly for each machine you want to change.
Also you turn off "Automatically Detect Setting" in IE>Tools>Internet options>Connections >LanSettings Then Reboot
There will be some settings with your Router / Switch but I do not know your model, You will have to do some reading in the owners manual.
It will take some time , but it works for me, and if you consider VPN.s or online gaming, you will need to use Static IP.
You can always do one machine and test it a while.

With D-Links you would want to upgrade the firmware also. They are renowned for that ... you can find your models latest firmware on their website.

your isp changed the way the system calls dhcp server
disable dhcp in router
disable dynamic routing don't need to set any static address's here
set static ip's in the nic's
do search here lots of complete guide throughs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back