TechSpot

Wired Windows 10 Reboot Loop

By HTTP403
Nov 30, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,

I'm experiencing a wired Win10 reboot loop. It start from a reboot requirement of NOD32 update. Then the computer just keep rebooting over and over. I had pulled up every log I can view, but showed nothing that point out where the problem is. I even uninstalled NOD32, and CloudBerry Drive but it still keep rebooting. CloudBerry Drive is a newly installed software so I uninstall it. The uninstallation of NOD32 was not complete due to the restriction of safe mode. I did not backup the network adapter settings and uninstall the Epfw NDIS LightWeight Filter. I had never experience this situation ever. Since I don't want to lose some of the software configurations, I'm avoiding to restore my system from the backup. Can anyone solve this wired problem?

Thanks!

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,350   +622

3. HTTP403

HTTP403 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Why Norton Remove Tool? I didn't have any software installed related to Norton. Moreover, I can't boot into the Windows, it just keep rebooting.

4. jobeard

Sorry, NOD32 is an Eset product - - see this

5. HTTP403

I tried, not working in safe mode. None of the network adapter showed up. I believe it is a driver problem, but I don't know which driver go wrong. Boot log doesn't show something useful.

6. HTTP403

Just confirmed, Windows internal reset function not working, trying to restore from backup. However, still no clues on how and why it happened.

7. jobeard

Then your only choice is a CLEAN INSTALL from CD - - sorry.