Wireless card for Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_DOG73

Yeah. Ididmyc600 is right. Also, make sure that windows will detect the wireless network for you.

While the wireless network card is plugged into the laptop:

Go to Start, My Network Places, View Network Connections, and right click the wireless connection. Then click properties. Click the wireless networks tab and make sure that under "Preferred Networks" it say's automatic.

When you boot up it will automatically search for the network and you are set.

Good luck.

More and more hotels and other businesses are going with wireless internet. I have never work/used/installed a wireless LAN but would like to have connectivity when I go to the hotels. Is there a laptop card that is pretty much a plug and go that would not require any or few configuration changes?

I am concerned about having problems with the wired DSL connection when I get back home.

Thanks.

ascantu said:
More and more hotels and other businesses are going with wireless internet. I have never work/used/installed a wireless LAN but would like to have connectivity when I go to the hotels. Is there a laptop card that is pretty much a plug and go that would not require any or few configuration changes?

I am concerned about having problems with the wired DSL connection when I get back home.

Thanks.

Under XP nearly all cards are plug and play, as for your wired connection that uses a different connection so as soon as you go home and plug in your laptop will know

I suugest Belkin or Netgear and make sure it's the G type not the old B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back