Wireless Connection Being Gay! Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovvn.you

right now im staying at a hotel, their wireless internet seems to be working fine on my toshiba satellite p25 s520 at 54 mbps excellent signal, my hp pavilion ze5800 however is running at 1 mbps low signal, it has a broadcom 802.11 b/g wlan adapter. its also losing internet and failing to load some pages without saying in the little wireless connection window(bottom right) that it has lost connection. any ideas? o yea, btw, its only being a pain on windows xp, when i boot in windows vista(beta 5308) it works like a charm.

removed then reinstalled drivers, doesnt seem to be a driver issue, maybe a config issue? havent messed with anything, maybe my mom did something.

ive made a breakthrough! it seems that the days inn has 3 different wireless connections with the same name but on different channels, 2 are slow and 1 is pretty fast, with the broadcom software i cant seem to change the connection to the fast 1, any ideas?

well that wasnt the problem, its on the fast connection and its still running slow, my satellite works rather fast on the same connection so does anyone know wtf?

some systems just do not work well together.... have you tried the broadcom 802.11 b/g wlan adapter in the toshiba satellite p25 s520 ??
when I travel I take both the old 802.11b adapter and the new 802.11g adapter... different brands... work differently at different hotel/motel & truck stops.

that seems possible, but my problem is that it was working fast when i had just got here and about a week in kaputs :hotbounce it slows down like ****, o yea and when i log into windows vista on this same laptop, it works like a charm

different modems and thus different attennas have different gain reliabilities. Your HP may have a cheap modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back