Wireless connection keeps dropping

I have an HP 9470M Elitebbok Fo;io with an I7 2667U CPU, 8GB RAM.
Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
I browse internet with both explorer and Google Chrome.

The problem I am experiencing is when the computer is idle (lid closed) the internet connection drops. When opening the lid everything comes up except the internet connection. I either have to wait a minute or so for it to reconnect and sometimes have to click the connection myself to force a reconnect.

I had this same model machine for my previous job and worked from home and this never happened. I have a Lenovo laptop with the same wireless card and this never happens with it. This would indicate my router is OK.

Here is what I have tried:

Installed a fresh copy of Windows 64 BIT Pro on a second drive and booted from it. I then tried all the things below that I had tried previously on the original OS install

1. Went through internet properties and selected connect automatically when network is in range
2. Changed the channel to 11 on the laptop and changed the router to 11 so both are statically assigned.
3. Change all power settings in control panel to never sleep. dim display or turn off display, Changed closing the lid to "Do Nothing" in all cases, both powered and battery. Also went into advanced options and under wireless adapter power saving mode I selected "maximum performance" for both powered and on battery.
4. Went to device manager, selected wireless adapter and used power management to disable "allow the computer to turn off the device to save power"
5. Removed all drivers for card and downloaded latest, reinstalled.
6. Updated BIOS. Set BIOS to factory default.
7. Removed Intel 6235 adapter and replaced with 2230 adapter, Downloaded latest drivers and installed.
8. Went to "Network and Sharing" , Manage Wireless and removed the wireless connection, rebooted and re installed a new connection.
9. Disabled "Enable Intel connection settings"

Other Adapter properties:
802.11n channel width for band 2 "Auto"
802.11n Mode "Enabled"ad hoc channel "11"
Transmit power "highest"
Wireless Mode "3. 80211b/g

Other than the network disconnect after being idle everything works fine with both the old 6235 and 2230 cards.

HP Tech support was no help.

Any help would be welcome.

Mark

Back