Wireless driver causing bluescreen

barry2010

Hi,

I appear to be having problems with with wireless driver that is causing my pc to crash with the bluescreen error. (see attachment)

It normally happens when I am watching videos.

I have no idea how to fix it, any ideas?

Attachments

• wireless driver.jpg
    wireless driver.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 6
If this is a laptop or a prebuilt system such as a Dell go to the manufacture's website, find your exact model and update the latest networking/wireless drivers.

If you or a friend built this system then find the make of your motherboard and find the exact model on their website and update the latest drivers from there.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Well that wasn't quite the minidump files I was looking for but it did contain the information you need. All four errors are 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers.

Three of them specifically cited the driver Prisma02.sys as the cause of your system crashes. This is a PRISMA wireless LAN driver belonging to the wireless software by Coexant Systems.

There is the possibility that the card itself is faulty.

Back