Wireless Internet says its connected but then it isn't on

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekieNick101

Hey Everybody,

Ok I just got a new E1505 laptop from Dell with windows Vista and when the wireless internet is connected it works correctly for awhile then it wont load any webpages or anything that uses the internet, I have comcast cable internet and the modem lights and steady and my other systems work fine on the internet its just this system. And it doesnt show the wireless internet status as "not connected" it shows it as "connect" so I'm guessing it is not a problem with the router either, I'm guessing it is the laptop and since I just got this laptop like 2 days ago, I'm guessing the system has a defect in the wireless card?, or is this a software issue? I'm really stumped on this one, any help would be great. Also it is a dell wireless 1390, aslo the rest of the system specs are in my profile under system #1, also when you restart the system it will work again for sometime, then stop working. I don't feel its a problem with the modem or the router, I narrowed it down to the computer system itself.

Thank you so much everyone, any help would be wonder, I'm really stumped on this one.

Vista is still very buggy. Could just be vista lol. Try a firmware upgrade on your router, and perform windows updates for the vista :p

Thank you very much, I never thought of upgrading the router firmware, but yeah I'm guessing its Vista's issues since I already updated all the windows updates when I got the computer 3 days ago.

not the router -- the WiFi adaptor firmware. get the latest for your
adaptor.

hi MAN!!!
it could be two things the OS and the router... there are wireless modems man... sometimes routers would tend to interfere with the wireless connection... but i think it can also be vista though it says it is connected it is not... Just check some features... like NIC card and adpaters... or the properties on your wireless connection. Try checking also the location sometimes it may have a weak signal...make sure that the distance between your laptop and your modem is not that far and it has no other devices that interfere to the connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back