Wireless issue on Acer 3260

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a new Acer Laptop, 3620. I'm having diffculty connecting the builtin wireless to my Linksys wireless access point. The same Linksys access point connects seamlessly to other platforms namely sony and dell laptop/desktop.

However, with my acer laptop I could use wired networking and it also connects to my neighbors (unsecured Wireless ) access point from Netgear.

Assuming, that I might need driver upgrade, I have downloaded and upgraded
the wireless b/g driver from the acer website. But still i have not had any success.

Has anyone else faced this issue. Can someone help and point me to in the right direction.

Thanks.

Driver download from OEM

I also had problems using my WLan card on an Acer Travelmate 3300: I could no connect to my secured 3Com AP.

My WLan card was an Intel card, an Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection.

Downloaded new drivers from Intel and it works perfectly. Also looked at the drivers at the Acer website, but it turns out they posted older versions.

IBN said:
Sorry I misread this post. Yes the network and the Laptop supports all types a,b and g

Which do you want to use? I use only g and have everything set to g-auto on the wireless laptop. This one should be what you have with the ACER if it's new.

The folks at www.passmark.com have a wireless mon, you can try it for 30 days, so far it looks like a good idea. Tells you what's around and whats going on inside your home. Like what wireless errors you're getting an etc. This way I wa able to fix this wireless problem with the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back