WIRELESS KEYBOARD AND MOUSE. Help : ) plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffguy

i bought this wireless keyboard and mouse from my friend. He threw awasy the bos so he los the dierections :( . anyway it comes with a mouse and keyboard and this thing that you charge your mouse on. Its not usb but those other color ports. so i put the batteries on the moust and keyboard and i press connect but nothing happenes. plz help me on this i need this mouse andkeyborad . :)

You shouldn't need drivers, but don't count it out if nothing else works for you.

The ports you are using (probably purlple and green) are PS/2 connections. I'm going to assume they are working. You can verify these ports working by connecting any standard (corded!) PS/2 mouse/keyboard in the appropriate holes.

I've been in contact with a variety of name and off-brand wireless mice. Here's what has worked for me in the past.

1.) Power on the computer with the receiver plugged into your PS/2. Keyboard should be in the purple (providing your computer follows the PC99 standard) and mouse should be in the green holes.

2.) Press the connect button (makes me think you might have an old logitech) once and then press the "connect" button on the mouse and the "connect" button the keyboards. In both cases, it is probably underneath these items. The mouse is likely a little pin-hole button you'll need to poke with a pen. The keyboard probably has a small, extruded button.

3.) If that does not work, press the connect button the receiver and the connect button on the mouse at the same time. (Might take some practice). I've seen wireless solutions that wouldn't work without doing this. You'll need to also repeat this for the keyboard.

4.) Some wireless setups only have connect buttons on the keyboard/mouse itself. Not the receiver. In this case, you might have a problem.

Just so you know, the reason you shouldn't need a driver is because the receiver looks just like an ordinary PS/2 mouse and keyboard. However, the input comes wirelessly. Fortunately, the computer has nothing to do with the wireless technology - That's for your mouse, keyboard and wireless receiver to figure out. The computer isn't involved in this communication though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back