I am curious if this has happened to anybody else. I have a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse hooked up to a three year old HP notebook that is then fed through my 46" Sony flat screen. My wife was on the internet when she noticed the keyboard stopped working. As she was trying to get it working her wrist touched the wrist rest on the bottom of the keyboard and it was so hot it burned her. She called me asking what to do. I said take the batteries out so she flipped it over and then noticed the battery door was starting to melt. She pried it open with a knife and popped out the batteries with said knife. One of the batteries was still very hot half an hour later when I got home. Thank God we were home. I hate to think what could have happened.