Wireless Keyboard Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help--I have 2 wireless keyboard (Microsft Wireless Laser Keyboard 5000 & 6000) and both have the same problem--They Don't work.

When I put in fresh batteries the little green light in the upper right corner stays lit for maybe 15 seconds and then dies out (checked the batteries and they are fine) . The keyoboard is totally unresponsive. The strange part is that both the 5000 & 6000 came with wireless mouse(s) and they work fine (so I know it's not the wirless connection). The device manager says that eveything is working fine --unfortunately in reality nothing works.

Any reccomendations would be appreciated so I can get rid of all these wires!--Thanks!

There should be a "connect" button on the reciever, and under the Keyboard {it may be tiny, so have a pencil or paperclip handy}.

On most Wireless setups, you press the Reciever one 1st, then the Keyboard and hopefully they'll begin talking...

Same issue, no resolution.

Hi, I tried to connect the devices by hitting the connect button on my wireless laser 5000 keyboard and the "wireless hub" to no avail. Like the previous user, the mouse works flawlessly and have double checked that the batteries work. Power indicator light on the keyboard demonstrating same behavior as reported above. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back