Wireless Lan Card driver

By tgarners3
Oct 31, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm new to the community and, to be quite honest, am not as "tech-e" as I would like. But perhaps there is hope!

I have an IBM ThinkPad T41 (type 2379) with a factory installed 11 a/b/g wireless Lan Mini PCI adapter (Phillips Components). On start-up, I get an error message stating, "QCWLICON" "Wireless Network Driver is incorrectly Installed. Please refer to the installation instructions of your network device."

The only noticable problem is that I cannot turn the Wireless radio on or off (Fn + F5).

IBM does not send the documentation with their laptops and I'm having no luck in finding a fix from their website. It would seem that there is an updated driver out there which would fix the problem but I can't seem to find it.

Any suggestions?

Thanx!
  2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,711

Try this:
    Connect your laptop to the network with a patch cable if you can so that you can access the internet.
    Go to control panel > system > hardware > device manager and look unde network adapters (it may already have a yellow mark on the device). Remove it.
    Reboot and follow the device driver install wizard. If that doesn't work, go back to the device and right click on it - select update driver and opt to search the windows update for it.
    If that does not work, can you find out some more info about the wireless adapter?
  3. 2w2k

2w2k Newcomer, in training

I had the same problem with IBM thinkpad T40 "wireless network driver is incorrectly installed"

I went to the Lenovo site, select the laptop model, select the wireless network link, then downloaded the latest driver from there. The page on driver states that you should update a bunch other software too. I did all that and installed the driver.

After that, the error message was gone. You basically need an updated driver.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.