Wireless Lan Card driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to the community and, to be quite honest, am not as "tech-e" as I would like. But perhaps there is hope!

I have an IBM ThinkPad T41 (type 2379) with a factory installed 11 a/b/g wireless Lan Mini PCI adapter (Phillips Components). On start-up, I get an error message stating, "QCWLICON" "Wireless Network Driver is incorrectly Installed. Please refer to the installation instructions of your network device."

The only noticable problem is that I cannot turn the Wireless radio on or off (Fn + F5).

IBM does not send the documentation with their laptops and I'm having no luck in finding a fix from their website. It would seem that there is an updated driver out there which would fix the problem but I can't seem to find it.

Any suggestions?

Thanx!

Try this:
Connect your laptop to the network with a patch cable if you can so that you can access the internet.
Go to control panel > system > hardware > device manager and look unde network adapters (it may already have a yellow mark on the device). Remove it.
Reboot and follow the device driver install wizard. If that doesn't work, go back to the device and right click on it - select update driver and opt to search the windows update for it.
If that does not work, can you find out some more info about the wireless adapter?

I had the same problem with IBM thinkpad T40 "wireless network driver is incorrectly installed"

I went to the Lenovo site, select the laptop model, select the wireless network link, then downloaded the latest driver from there. The page on driver states that you should update a bunch other software too. I did all that and installed the driver.

After that, the error message was gone. You basically need an updated driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back