Wireless networking setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

18sx

Nite, Bruder...

we just purchased wireless router (owned line router previously)from linksys.
we like to create a network so we can play LAN games together just like last time when our line router still can works..
but it seems it is different on how to create a home network with wireless router, we just can't get it rite.

how to check default gateway in wireless router.
Any suggestion.
everybody using Laptop!!!

Hellooooo
is it no body knows or no body knows what i'm talking about. because i kinda confused my self.

The only difference is that you need to setup wireless security and SSID broadcast and the encryption on your laptops needs to match the encryption format of your router, ie. WEP, WPA or even MAC addressing.
Older laptops don't have WPA, so you have to use the lowest common denominator (WEP), but as long as they're all the same, and they can actually get a signal then it should be ok.
The rest is the same as a wired lan.

18sx said:
Hellooooo
is it no body knows or no body knows what i'm talking about. because i kinda confused my self.
Please be patient. You only let 40 minutes go by before your response. This site is filled with people who volunteer their time to helping others. So when people start viewing your topic, someone is undoubtedly to respond.

poertner_1274 said:
Please be patient. You only let 40 minutes go by before your response. This site is filled with people who volunteer their time to helping others. So when people start viewing your topic, someone is undoubtedly to respond.

but most are U S A residence and will here tomorow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back