Wireless optical mouse trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffo

I'm starting this thread because I haven't seen anything that's quite the same as this problem. Using a basic Microsoft Wirless Optical mouse, IntelliPoint software (4.11). Over the last few weeks, it's started to jump, always a little down and to the left. If a document or web page is open, it causes it to scroll down just a bit when it does it. It's not opening or closing applications on its own, as others have done.

I've tried altering mouse pads, changing batteries, reseating the cables, etc. Driver version is 4.10.851.0. I can't find an updated driver for it, though there's an option to upgrade the software. Any other suggestions at all?

Thanks a bunch!
Jeff

I had similar problems with a wireless mouse.I now use a logitech WIRED optical mouse, works like a charm.No help for your problem,but something to bear in mind.

temporary fix

Funny, last night I threw a piece of white paper under it. It was working fine. This morning, it's back to its tricks. The mystery deepens....

The latest intellipoint drivers are version 5.5 you can get them from MS or from Majorgeeks.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back