Wireless printer confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidude36

Hey there, so im looking to buy a lazer bluetooth printer for downstairs, my desktop is upstairs and my sister also uses her laptop aroun the house.

I just have no idea what to do to have a wireless lazer printer, can someone explain to me what hardware and software i have to have?

I was thinking buying any lazer printer... and buying some sort of blue tooth adapter?

Anyways someone please point me in the right direction thanks :)

What is your budget? As far as hardware, the printers I've seen have a USB transmitter that plugs into your desktop/laptop. But I have seen a set up where multiple PC's can print wirelessly to a printer as well. Not sure of the set-up, must be some access point for that I presume. And the printer itself will usually have a small antenna on the back to receive. As far as software, the printer will come with what you need. Also from the ones I have seen they dont transmit that far. Maybe the newer ones are better. IMO, I would look at HP printers and stay away from Lexmark and Brother printers.

hmm ok, my budget is as much as i want really.. around £200 me thinks.
Just had bad experiences with printers in the past.. i'd just like one sitting downstairs with a power plug attached to it.. and i can easily just sit upstairs and click print or what ever and have it print out (also without me having to replace the stupid ink cartridge)

oh and so you can buy a printer with an antenna... then i suppose i shall have to buy a bluetooth dongle.. and then that should work right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back