Wireless usb adapter dying after 5 minutes when using bittorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

provoke.bpk

I have a netgear wpn111 and a belkin router. If I use bittorrent for 5 minutes the connection dies, and I have to unplug the adapter and plug it back in. This problem started about 6 months ago when a reformatted. I have reformatted many times before the problem showed up and it was fine. Can someone tell me what I have to do? Would replacing the adapter work?

Are you sure it is the adapter that dies and not your router that is flooded with hundreds of connections caused by BT?

How many connections are allowed to connect to you? You might have to go into the settings for the torrent client and limit it to less than 60. I was also having problems with that (the torrent dying on me after only 3-5 minutes) a few months ago.

Do you have your router, Network connection, bittorrent client and/or firewall setup correctly? It could be a combination of all those things. Make sure you have the same ports called out on the bt client, firewall and router. If you don't have a static IP address on your network connection, create one.

Disable Windows firewall don't use anything else except Peerguardin2. But again a lot of these routers just can't handle the flood of connections. I would recommend you going to Best Buy and pickup the Dynex E-401 wired router and use that for downloading BT. You'll be happen and it only cost $39 bucks, but if you can find one though? If you use a client that supports UPnP the router I am talking about will setup everything for you. You don't have to do any port forwarding an etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back