Wireless USB adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Gateway USB WBU-110 adapter that I installed on a IBM W2000 desktop. Could not get it to connect to the network. Took the working wireless network card out of my Dell laptop(wxp) and installed the WBU on the laptop. Still not connected to the network. On both the Desktop and laptop IP was 164.254.36.55. Talk to Gateway Tech support. Said my setup was ok. USB was bad. Has anyone had any experience with this adapter?

"connect to the network." means that I have a broadband ISP coming into my Main desktop into a cisco 350 series card. This desktop is connected to a d-link wireless router which sends a signal out to my dell laptop with a d-link wireless adapter and my compaq with a netgear wireless adapter. i.e. a network!!!!!! Got the Gateway USB wireless adapter to connect an IBM desktop computer to the network. I followed all the instructions in the booklet that came with the USB adapter. Very specific instructions that paralled the steps I used to set up the two laptop wireless adapters. My original question is does anyone have any experience with a Gateway USB adapter?????

the 164.254.36.55 address is the IGMP default and is almost useless, as you
have discovered. The first issue for your wireless is, do you see the SSID of your
router? if not, use the wired connection to access the admin and be sure it
has the wireless feature ENABLED and to BROADCAST the SSID.
Leave encryption off for the moment. You should be able see and then connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back